“It was impossible, of course. But when did that ever stop any dreamer from dreaming.”—Laini Taylor, Strange the Dreamer
Hello! I’m Maya, the girl behind Pretty Little Scribbles! I am a thirteen-year-old aspiring author and, current middle school student, bibliophile, dancer, singer, and wearer of a thousand (metaphorical) hats.
For me, usually, creativity comes out in the realms of literature or the arts. I could ramble about either of those for hours, but I’ll just say that they have both shaped who I am as a person, and I am so beholden to exist in a world where they do too. I’m usually plotting for my apparently incessant novel-in-progress: The Beautiful Lucinda, inspired by one of Jane Austen’s adolescent works: The Beautiful Cassandra.
My motto is, ‘Plus est en vous,” which is French for “There is more in you.” There is more in all of us than what first meets the eye, and that is the beauty of the seemingly idiosyncratic personality behind what we show to the world outside. There is more in all of us. Even you.
Long conversations are among my favourite things, and it only gets better when a mug of hot chocolate is involved. I love, love, love literature—its been a part of my life ever since I opened that first Enid Blyton book. I like books about orphans who go to wizarding institutes intended to kill bald, pale nose-less evil guys. No, I’m normal I promise!
I’m an ambivert to the core, and among my favourite books in the world are Clockwork Princess, Wuthering Heights, Wonder and a million more, so just check out my Goodreads! I’m a huge Disney fan, of the belief that the world always needs a bit more magic. And I really like getting to know new people. So, hello, there! I do hope that you stick around ♥
some quick facts about me 💖
- I run every day
- I am 5’7″ (which is actually relatively tall for a thirteen year old)
- I have very long hair, and very long painted nails
- I love any colour (be it light or dark) in the violet-indigo-blue spectrum
- I prefer tea 100% to coffee
- I am the biggest Swiftie ever and my favourite albums are 1989, Lover & folklore (but my favourite song is Runaway by Aurora)
- I am obsessed with sitcoms, Marvel, Star Wars, Modern Family and Disney
- If I were to live anywhere else in the world, it would be London
- I am trilingual, i.e. I can speak, read and write three languages
- I think the most beautiful words in the English language are: winter, aurora and starlight
my life in pictures; a few of my favourite things 📸 (cue soundtrack)
Thank you so much for reading and though I don’t accept emails at the moment, I would love to talk to you in the comments of my latest post! Remember that there is yet hope regardless of what’s happening wherever you are and I hope you stick around ♥